Wednesday 12 March 2014

Being a young mum

Having been told time and time again that I have failed for having children is appalling. The looks I get in public. The comments I get when I growl my children in public. When people roll their eyes at me taking my boys to the supermarket. I'm on my own journey as is everyone else. I have learnt to turn a blind eye to the ones who are blind themselves. Blinded by judgement.

So here's a little poem I've written. Don't laugh haha

Being a young mum

Being a young mother came as a surprise 
Being a young mother is not an easy ride
Having a baby when your just a baby too
Does not mean it is the end for you

Being a young mother meant putting dreams on hold
Being a young mother meant for judgments i'm told
Whether the dreams were big or small
No one can judge you, no one at all

Being a young mother has changed me for good
Being a young mother has changed me as it should
Someone who couldn't care for a thing at all
Is now someone who would come at your call

Being a young mother has taught me a lot of things
Being a young mother has taught me the joy it brings
From teaching my kids the right and wrong way
to when we fight over which song to play

Being a young mother has its ups and downs
Being a young mother as silly as it sounds
Is the best thing that's ever happened to me
It's given me hope to strive to be what I can be.

Being a young mother does not mean i have failed at life
Being a young mother does not mean I have given up strife
If anything being a young mother has given me
It is to be the best young mother my children could see.




Everyone has there own story. Everyone makes mistakes. You cannot judge someone for their past if you have your own dirty secrets. People do make mistakes but it is the ones who learn a lesson from their naive choices and turn it into something you could never imagine. It is people who can make positives out of negatives and build something from nothing. 

Love and light to all you young mums who are having a hard time. There is hope. 

- Shannon xx

3 comments: